Buy anything you need. Buy Product!

Search Suggest

Completing Story: Money Cannot Bring Happiness || Cobbler and Banker Completing story

Completing Story: Money Cannot Bring Happiness || Cobbler and Banker Completing story

 

Completing Story: Money Cannot Bring Happiness || Cobbler and Banker Completing story






Happy Cobbler

There once was a cobbler who lived in a small town. He was very poor, but he loved his work and always had a smile on his face. He made shoes for the people of the town, and they appreciated his craftsmanship and kindness.

One day, a rich merchant came to the town and saw the cobbler’s shop. He was curious about the cobbler, who seemed so happy despite his poverty. He entered the shop and asked the cobbler, “How do you manage to be so cheerful in your condition?”

The cobbler replied, “I have everything I need, sir. I have a roof over my head, food on my table, and shoes on my feet. I enjoy making shoes for others, and I am grateful for what I have.”



The merchant was impressed by the cobbler’s attitude, but he thought he could make him happier by giving him some money. He said, “You are a good man, cobbler. I admire your spirit, but I think you deserve more than this. Here, take this bag of gold coins. You can buy yourself a bigger house, better clothes, and finer food. You can also expand your business and hire some helpers. You will be happier and richer than ever before.”



The cobbler was surprised by the merchant’s generosity, but he hesitated to accept the money. He said, “Thank you, sir, but I don’t need this money. I am happy with what I have, and I don’t want to change my life. Please keep your gold for yourself or give it to someone who needs it more than me.”



The merchant was astonished by the cobbler’s refusal. He said, “Don’t be foolish, cobbler. This is a rare opportunity for you to improve your situation. You can’t live like this forever. You will grow old and weak, and you will have nothing to show for your hard work. Take this money and make yourself happy.”



The cobbler shook his head and said, “No, thank you, sir. I am already happy as I am. Money can’t buy happiness, and happiness can’t be measured by money. I have learned to be content with what I have, and I don’t want to lose that feeling by chasing after more. Please leave me alone and let me do my work.”



The merchant was frustrated by the cobbler’s stubbornness. He said, “Very well, cobbler. If you won’t take this money willingly, then I will force you to take it. I will buy all your shoes and burn them in front of you. Then you will have no choice but to accept my offer.”



The cobbler was shocked by the merchant’s threat. He said, “Please don’t do that, sir. These shoes are my pride and joy. They are the result of my skill and labor. They are also the source of my income and livelihood. If you destroy them, you will ruin me.”

The merchant said, “Then take this money and save yourself from ruin.”

The cobbler said, “No, sir. I would rather lose my shoes than lose my happiness.”

The merchant said, “Then you leave me no choice.” He took out a torch and set fire to the pile of shoes in the shop.




The cobbler watched in horror as his shoes burned to ashes. He felt a pang of sadness and anger in his heart, but he did not cry or curse. He looked at the merchant and said calmly,

"Sir, you have done a terrible thing today. You have destroyed my work and my property, but you have not destroyed my happiness. You have tried to bribe me with your money, but you have not bought my happiness. You have shown me your power and your greed, but you have not shown me your happiness.




You think you are better than me because you are rich and powerful, but you are not happy at all. You are unhappy because you are never satisfied with what you have. You always want more and more, and you think that money can give you everything you want.

But money can’t give you what you really need: peace of mind, love of heart, and joy of spirit.

You have come here to make me happy like you, but you have failed miserably.

You should go back to where you came from and learn from me how to be happy with what you have.

Goodbye, sir."




The merchant was speechless by the cobbler’s words. He felt ashamed of himself and realized how foolish he had been.

He left the shop quietly and never returned.

The cobbler cleaned up the mess in his shop and resumed his work.

He was still poor, but he was still happy.

He was the happy cobbler.

Post a Comment